HCV Educational Materials
Honoring Choices Virginia has developed a suite of educational materials about advance care planning and related topics. The resources below are free to the public and available for personal download.
Honoring Choices Virginia maintains additional educational and informational materials which are available to contracted partners only. If you are interested in learning more about these resources, or would like to license or brand any of our resources, please contact us.
Materials are frequently revised and expanded. If you notice an error or would like to suggest a new resource, please contact us.
We hope that these resources will help you and those you share them with to “start the conversation!”
- A Good Day Tomorrow Starts with a Good Talk Today: A one-page flyer with essential information about advance care planning
- Because I Love You Guide: A guide to thinking about, talking about, and planning for the future with family and friends (includes advance care planning information as well as information about other planning topics, such as funeral planning)
- Advance Care Planning: Choosing Your Own Path (Video): Video recording of a group of individuals discussing their own experiences with advance care planning
- Advance Care Planning: A Gift (Video): Short video depicting a daughter starting a conversation with her father about his wishes
- Free Advance Care Planning Support Flyer: A one-page flyer describing the advance care planning appointments, document reviews, and other supports available from HCV.
- Getting Ready to Make Your Plan Guide: A preparation guide for those who are getting ready to create or update their advance care plan (for use with ACP Facilitators)
- After Your Conversation Checklist: A one-page checklist with follow-up steps after completing an advance care planning conversation (for use with ACP Facilitators)
- Advance Medical Directive Wallet Card: A sheet of wallet card templates that can be used to communicate essential information about your advance medical directive and healthcare agent
Individuals who want to create an advance care plan or execute an advance medical directive can make an appointment, free of charge, with one of our certified First Steps advance care planning facilitators. Please contact us to learn more. We are also providing Virtual Advance Care Planning Appointments.
Request a Presentation
Is your community group interested in learning how to plan for future medical decisions? Honoring Choices® Virginia offers advance care planning presentations to community organizations in the Greater Richmond area.
Honoring Choices® Virginia works to ensure that every person in Virginia has access to quality advance care planning that is honored in the delivery of care. Through engaging health care providers, training advocates, and reaching communities, Honoring Choices encourages thoughtful advance care planning for everyone.